A little Canadian girl with a big appetite: Edmonton, AB x beautiful British Columbia.

Thursday 27 March 2014

Best london fogs in Edmonton!

Hello everyone! This is my very first post and I'd like to mention that I have never written a review before, so lets hope this turns out half decent! So without further ado, I've decided to dedicate my first post to Dauphine Bakery and Bistro formerly known as Queen of Tarts. It is located in the heart of downtown Edmonton and what's unique about Dauphines, is that when you enter the bistro, you have to walk down a short flight of stairs, which makes it differ from its surrounding restaurants!

First, I'd like to explain that I am veeerrrry picky when it comes to my hot beverages especially when it comes to london fogs (and lattes). But Dauphine's london fog, won my heart instantly! The first few sips give off a tea aroma but then the after taste resembles white chocolate (as far as I'm concerned there is only milk and tea in most london fogs). There really is no other way to describe it other than it was the-best-london-fog-I've-ever-drank.
In addition to their divine london fog, they also have many great tasting pastries. Such as their white chocolate pistachio tart, which was creamy and not too sweet! And pistachio madeleines (I'm a huge fan of pistachios).

No comments:

Post a Comment