A little Canadian girl with a big appetite: Edmonton, AB x beautiful British Columbia.

Sunday 30 March 2014

Churrrrrros!

Living on the Nothside of Edmonton, I rarely get to try restaurants that are beyond downtown but on Saturday, I went to south common to shop and stopped by Local Public Eatery. I'm not sure if it is because it was Saturday, or that place is usually busy, but it was quite crowded around 4:00PM, the restaurant was decent size and has a "western/ranch" kind of look going on but importantly, the food was fantastic! The food came out almost immediately after it was ordered (maybe a 5-10 min wait). Originally, I settled for this restaurant because I wanted to try the churros but everything on the menu looked so appetizing and who am I to pass on great food?!
Appetizer: Sliders, they were a bit greasy (what burger isn't?) but had a good taste.
Baja Chicken Tacos: I don't usually eat tacos because I'm really messy when I eat them but I HIGHLY recommend this, they're about $4 each and really delicious!
I don't recommend this chicken and rice dish because you could get something like this but more authentic at an Asian cuisine restaurant. 
These churros are to die for!!! I drank the chocolate syrup after (I kid you not) I definitely will be visiting Local again just for these babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment