A little Canadian girl with a big appetite: Edmonton, AB x beautiful British Columbia.

Thursday 27 March 2014

Favorite brunch location

After visiting the Old Strathcona Farmer's Market, one Saturday morning, my boyfriend and I decided to grab brunch around the area and settled for something healthy (yet very filling). There's a little section on Whyte Avenue called, "Roots on Whyte." It's basically the "organic" section of Whyte Ave. on the main floor there is an organic market, a cafe (called DaCapo Caffe), and a restaurant called Under the High Wheel. This is by far my favourite brunch place because the ingredients are organic and the restaurant itself is quite homely. On top of that, it's always busy so you know it's good!
I ordered the traditional breakfast but replaced the two fried eggs with egg whites (because I'm not a fan of egg yolks) I had to pay an additional amount but it was worth it! The egg whites were fluffy, the toast had a crunchy/crispy exterior and a soft interior, and unlike potatoes from most breakfast places, these were not greasy and had a light, herb-like-taste to them!
My boyfriend ordered the bangers n' mash, I did a taste test myself and really enjoyed the sauce they used!

No comments:

Post a Comment